Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Spinach Smoothie Squares

I bought 1 pound of spinach at Sam's club. I wanted it for my smoothies, but it usually goes bad before I am able to finish it, so I decided to get smart about it so I pureed and froze it so I can add it to my smoothie whenever I want. 

I had to separate it in smaller batches for my food processor (I have a small one), but with a little water and some patience I got it done!  Then poured it into my ice cube trays-the same ones I use for my homemade baby food and froze them.

Ingredients:
1 pound spinach
8 ounces water

Combine in food processor and blend on high until desired consistency 
 
This made 35 ounces of pureed spinach

Frozen in 1 ounce increments 

Fresh out of the ice cube trays-
Ready to be put back in the freezer.  I LOVE the 1 ounce size ice cubes and the square shapes. They are perfect for stacking in the freezer or even lining up! The ice cube tray I use can be found here - I also use them for my homemade baby food!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment