Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Big Bakery Chocolate Chip Cookies

On Sunday we had some friends over to play some games and decided a treat would be nice to share. Our friends have 3 young kids so a traditional chocolate chip cookie would be the perfect fit- and it helped that we had all the ingredients on hand! :)

I originally found this recipe in a cookbook I have, then googled and found the exact some one on myrecipes.com

The recipe can be found here.

Review:
  • These cookies were a hit! So yummy. A slight crunch on the outside and still soft on the inside.
It made 18 cookies. (matching the online recipe but only halving what my book said- misprint??)

Changes I made:
  • I used 1 1/2 Tbsp. cookie scoop instead of a 1/4 cup to measure the dough. (I did make them heaping scoops though)
  • 17 min worked best for my oven
  • I used dark chocolate chips
Next time:
  • Double the recipe so I can have more yummy cookies :)
  • I would like to try making smaller cookies for a shorter cook time to see how they turn out
  • Try to freeze the dough and/or cookies to see how they store


No comments:

Post a Comment